QS-Barcode SDK V 4.9 installation notes
- Please uninstall any older version of QS Barcode SDK 4.9x
- Unpack the ZIP archive, e.g. using the software “WinZip”
- Install QS-Barcode SDK on the development PC by running SETUP.EXE.
If you plan to update to version 4.9 from earlier versions, please note the following:
- The interfaces of version 4.6 to version 4.8 are the same, there is no need to change your code calling the QS-Barcode SDK functions. In version 4.8, however, new interfaces have been added. for further information about the new interfaces, please consult the manual. However, if you have linked the SDK using one of the LIBs, you will have to re-link with the new version of the LIB. As QS-Barcode SDK now (4.7 and newer) uses the CRT functions which are buffer overflow protected, binding with very old CRT versions in not possible anymore. We have seen this with Visual Studio 6.0 environments. If you are updating from version 4.5 or older, have a look at the new interfaces introduced in version 4.6. See chapter “14.4 Update Notes” in the SDK documentation for details.
- Redistributable files are changed from the versions 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8. By introducing a new internal PDF interface for the qsbardll_f.dll there are some changes in the redistributables.
For more Information, please refer to the manual. It might be necessary to install to “Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (SP1)” package. Download the latest version at the Microsoft webpage. The redistributable files for each interface are listed in the SDK documentation (chapters named “Redistributable Files”).
The evaluation version includes the full scope of the SDK except:
- The resulting barcode data will be slightly patched, some characters are changed (character 3->1, aA->qQ, bB->sS).
- 2D barcodes will have the text -demo- in the result. The evaluation version can be used to complete entire programming and integration into your software.
The full version of the software as well as runtime licenses can be ordered at QS QualitySoft GmbH.